Subaru has released a special limited edition version of its turbocharged Liberty GT. The (we'll call it the GT-STI here on in...) is available from January 1, 2006. Just 300 of the modified and upgraded flagship Libertys will be produced.
Expected to be eagerly snapped up by Subaru fans, the GT-STI will be available in wagon and sedan body styles and both five-speed manual and five-speed SPORTSHIFT automatic versions.
Although offered in a choice of three colours only two are still available Brilliant Silver and Urban Grey -- both with silver STI alloy wheels. The other other colour, Obsidian Black with charcoal wheels, is already sold out.
The GT-STI features a host of modifications which Subaru says improves its already impressive reputation as: "a classic high performance grand tourer offering the driver a wonderfully responsive and luxurious driving experience."
The limited edition's special equipment and mods include:
- Increased power and torque (190kW auto, 200kW manual) with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions
- Lowered Bilstein suspension for enhanced, sportier handling
- 18" STI alloy wheels with Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyres
- Enhanced STI aerodynamics package with front and rear spoilers
- A refined leather and Alcantara sporty interior with red stitching
- Limited edition badges with STI insignia
- Manual transmission vehicles feature an STI 4.0:1 short shift gear lever, for smooth, crisp gear changes
- Dual STI twin pipe mufflers for a throaty exhaust note
- Sporty Black interior trim with red luminescent instrument cluster plus alloy pedal set
Pricing for the Subaru Liberty GT Tuned by STI starts at $59,490 for the manual sedan. Full pricing follows:
Subaru Liberty GT Tuned by STI Sedan
Manual - $59,490 SPORTSHIFT - $61,490
Subaru Liberty GT Tuned by STI Wagon
Manual - $61,490 SPORTSHIFT - $63,490